To complete our baptism into the Lord, we call upon the Holy Spirit to strengthen our Christian commitment. It is this Spirit of Christ that nourishes us, the presence of the Trinity within each of us as we walk the journey of faith. This second step in the process of initiation reminds us of the many gifts that God has given us and talents that we are called to use as witnesses of the Gospel given to us by Jesus for the salvation of all humanity. It is the sign that truly “confirms” us as committed Christians.
From the Catechism of the Catholic Church
"1303 Confirmation brings an increase and deepening of baptismal grace:
- it roots us more deeply in the divine filiation which makes us cry, "Abba! Father!";
- it unites us more firmly to Christ;
- it increases the gifts of the Holy Spirit in us;
- it renders our bond with the Church more perfect;
- it gives us a special strength to the Holy Spirit to spread and defend the faith by word and action as true witnesses of Christ, to confess the name of Christ boldly and never be ashamed of the cross."
Youth or adults who are already baptized and would like more information about receiving the sacrament
should contact the parish office.